Try this ginger hot toddy for quick relief when you have a cold or the flu. Ginger is warming, antiviral, and antibacteria. This hot toddy will help you sleep so you can get better faster.
My daughter has just 5 months left of her 2 year adventure volunteering in Jersualem. Her office has been down with the flu. A few of the staff members were off work with pneumonia. Every day someone new is off sick. Maybe you know of work places and schools that can tell a similar story this year.
Since she’s away from home she doesn’t have access to our wealth of homegrown, home dried herbs like elderberry and black cherry bark, but so far she has stayed healthy, even though her roommate and her office mates have been sick off and on for weeks. She’s using one herb that is readily available in the Shuk on Jaffa Street. She’s using it liberally. She’s using it daily.
You probably already have ginger at home, too. You can use ginger for quick relief of headache, cough, congestion, and even nausea. I was updating my DIY Herbal Apothecary Course this week to add more downloadable files (one of my New Year goals) and in the process went down the “rabbit hole” digging deep into the benefits of Ginger.
Ginger has tested and proven super powers, friend!
- Pain relieving
- Protects against radiation damage
It reduces nausea, soothes sore throat, eases coughing and congestion, reduces sinus congestion, boosts the immune system, reduces inflammation, relieves headache and achiness, and helps the body heal itself. It reduces clotting and is a tonic for the circulatory system. It can improve glucose tolerance, too. And these superpowers are demonstrated by many, many scientific studies. For real!
So how do you tap into Ginger’s superpowers?
This ginger hot toddy recipe is one of the fast and simple remedies in this ebook that will help you feel better faster. A Hot Toddy is a traditional “prescription” remedy. Doctor’s today still prescribe it to help reduce the symptoms of a cold and help the “patient” sleep better. When you add ginger to the recipe you increase the warmth and increase the healing benefits. It tastes good too.
This ginger hot toddy recipe is from the ebook “Using Ginger for Cold and Flu Relief” and it is reprinted here for your convenience.
Ginger Hot Toddy Recipe to Banish Your Nasty Cold
A classic oft-prescribed cold remedy can be made even better by adding a little ginger to the warm beverage. Try this traditional remedy when the gales blow and you’re feeling under the weather.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 serving
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 strip of lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 cup boiled water, divided
- 1 to 3 teaspoons of honey
- 3 tablespoons whiskey or rum
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- Place lemon juice and lemon zest in a mug.
- Add the grated ginger to a tea strainer. Pour ½ cup of boiling water over the tea strainer into the mug so that the ginger is fully submerged. Cover and let sit for 10 minutes. Remove the ginger.
- Add whiskey or rum and fill the mug with the remaining boiled water.
- Stir in honey to taste.
- Add the cinnamon stick.
Get this ginger hot toddy recipe and more ginger remedies for cold and flu
I wanted YOU to have a copy of this ebook because:
- It’s cold and flu season
- This year’s flu is already epidemic
- Ginger is already sitting in your kitchen
- You need this information and so does your family
- It will make your feel better just like chicken soup
- It will save you money — ginger costs less than Neocitron and Gravol
- It will save you time — you won’t need to run to the drug store for it
- If you end up healthy all winter, you can still use it in butter chicken, coconut curry, gingerbread, and pumpkin lattes
- I care and I want you to be the best you can be — hard to do that when you are hacking up a lung
Here’s how to get your free copy of Using Ginger for Colds and Flu