Fresh herbed salt.
- 1 cup of French grey salt
- ¼ cup fresh lemon zest (zest from 3 lemons)
- 1 tbsp. black pepper, whole
- 1 tbsp. red pepper, whole
- ¼ cup fresh thyme leaves
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup fresh oregano leaves
- 2 tbsp. fresh rosemary leaves
- Grind spices and herb leaves in a small food processor.
- I use the food processor jar with my stick blender attachment.
- If you don’t have one you can use a mortar and pestle.
- Whirl the salt and herbs the food processor briefly.
- Process until all the herbs are pulverized and well blended with the salt.
- Stop processing before the mixture has changed to a paste consistency.
- You are aiming for the coarse salt to be finer but still recognizable as salt.
- Put it all in a 2 cup, wide mouth jar.
- Cap tightly.
- You can use this right away or allow it to sit for 4 weeks, stirring when you think of it.
- Store it in a cool, dark place or in your refrigerator.