A salt based seasoning with fresh herbs.
- 1 cup of French grey salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper, whole
- 1 tsp. red pepper, whole
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- ½ cup fresh lemon balm leaves
- ½ cup fennel leaves
- 1 tsp. fennel seed
- Grind spices and herb leaves in a small food processor.
- I use the food processor jar with my stick blender attachment. If you don’t have one you can use a mortar and pestle.
- Whirl coarse salt in the food processor with the herbs and spices briefly.
- Put it all in a 2 cup, wide mouth jar.
- Cap tightly. You can use this right away or allow it to sit for 4 weeks, stirring when you think of it.