A fresh herbed salt.
- 1 cup French grey salt, coarse
- 1 tbsp. black pepper, whole
- 1 tbsp. red pepper, whole
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- Grind spices and herb leaves in a small food processor.
- I use the food processor jar with my stick blender attachment.
- If you don’t have one you can use a mortar and pestle.
- Whirl it in the food processor with the herbs and spices briefly, until salt and herbs are fully mixed.
- You don’t want the herbs to be like pesto, just fully incorporated into the salt.
- Put it all in a 2 cup, wide mouth jar.
- Cap tightly.
- You can use this right away or allow it to sit for 4 weeks, stirring when you think of it.