A drop cookie with the nutritional staying power of trail mix and granola.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup of coconut flakes
- 2 cups of old fashioned oats
- 1 ½ cups of whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ cup sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, or pecans
- ½ cup raisins or other dried fruit, cut into raisin size pieces
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Cream the butter and sugar together until smooth and light.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add flour, oatmeal, and baking soda to the batter and mix until just blended.
- Fold in coconut flakes, seeds or nuts, raisins or other dried fruit, and chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate the batter for 1 hour to solidify the batter and to meld flavours. Preheat oven to 360*F.
- Drop batter by teaspoonful onto buttered cookie sheet, leaving 2 inches between each cookie to allow for spreading
- If you prefer a chewier cookie add 1 egg yolk to the batter as you are adding the 3 eggs. The extra fat from the egg yolk increases the chewiness of the cookies.