Seed based crackers that are gluten free and paleo friendly.
- To grind the smaller seeds like flax and sesame seed I used a Coffee/Spice grinder. To grind the larger nuts like almonds, I used a Food Processor.
- Pour boiling water of the ground flax, in a heat proof bowl.
- Using a whisk, beat the flax with the water, until the mixture thickens and pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- It will form a thick, viscose batter.
- Stir in the coconut oil, ground seeds, nuts, coconut flour, and salt.
- Mixture will form a ball of dough.
- Knead it to incorporate all the ingredients well.
- Wet your hands with water and divide dough into 12 small balls, rolling each ball between your wet hands until smooth.
- Press each ball between two sheets of parchment paper, using a tortilla press, or roll thin with a rolling pin.
- Place on well buttered baking sheet. Dough holds together well so doesn’t require special handling.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Bake rounds on a baking sheet for 5 minutes.
- Flip and bake an additional 3 to 5 minutes on the other side.
- Watch the crackers carefully.
- They should brown but not burn.
- Crackers should be crisp.
- They will continue to crisp as they cool.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Serve when cold.