Rosehips as a tangy jam.
- 4 cups prepared rosehips (stem, blossom end, and seeds removed)
- 1 organic orange
- Juice and zest of two organic lemons
- 1 large green apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 5 cups cane sugar
- 1/2 cup homemade pectin
- 5 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 tsp. butter or coconut oil to reduce foaming
- Leave the peel on the orange and slice and chop into 1/4 inch wedges, removing seeds.
- Add to an 8 quart pot, along with prepared rosehips, lemon zest and juice, and apple pieces.
- Add water and pectin and bring to a boil.
- Add 1 tsp butter or coconut oil to reduce foaming.
- Boil hard for 30 minutes, until orange peels become translucent and jell stage has been reached.
- Begin to test the jell at 20 minutes.
- When jell stage is reached, remove from heat and pour into sterilized pint jars.
- Complete seals and process for 5 minutes in a boiling water bath to seal jars.