Use rosehips for an extra vitamin boost through syrups, tea, or jam.
- 4 cups of prepared fresh rosehips with blossom end removed, about 1 kg. (no need to remove seeds)
- 6 cups boiling water
- 1 cup sugar
- Boil for 2 minutes.
- Drain through a jelly bag.
- Reserve the liquid.
- Add sugar to resulting liquid.
- Bring to boil.
- Bottle in sterilized jars.
- Process 10 minutes to complete seal in a hot water bath, or pressure canner
Use 1 table spoon as a vitamin C supplement, or add to normal tea as a sweetener and to add flavor.