This not-too-sweet rhubarb recipe is a great way to use up extra stalks at the end of the harvest.
- 2 cups of flour
- 2/3 cups butter
- 1 egg
- 6–7 cups of rhubarb, chopped
- 2 cups organic sugar
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- Make the Crust: Cut cold butter and flour together until butter is the size of peas, as you would if you were making pastry for pie.
- Add egg and mix until fully incorporated.
- Press into greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Make the Filling: In a separate bowl combine rhubarb, sugar, and eggs. Mix well and pour over crust.
- Make the Topping: Mix flour and brown sugar together and sprinkle over the top of the filling.
Bake at 375°F for 60 to 75 minutes, until the center is done. Cool and top with Whipped Cream before serving and serve. Refrigerate unused portions.
Keywords: rhubarb recipe