A refreshing bundt cake, perfect to recall the fresh tastes of summer at any time of year.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups organic sugar
- Lemon zest (Grated zest from 2 Meyer lemons)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (Meyer lemon, freshly squeezed)
- 1/2 cup of milk kefir* (yoghurt can be used instead)
- 2 3/4 cups flour, unbleached
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup of juice from 1 Meyer Lemon, freshly squeeze
- 1 tbsp. zest from Meyer Lemon
- 1 tbsp. butter softened
- 2 cups of icing sugar
- Grease and flour a 10 cup bundt cake pan. Preheat oven to 350F.
- In your mixer bowl cream butter, lemon zest, and sugar together until light and well blended.
- Add eggs, beating well.
- Add lemon juice and kefir and continue beating until well mixed.
- In a separate bowl sift together flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Pour all at once into the liquid ingredients.
- Mix on low until just blended.
- Use a spatula to mix the last bit and ensure the batter is an even consistency.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the middle of the oven at 350F for 30 min. Check for doneness.
- When the cake is done removed from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes in the pan.
- Loosen the cake from the pan with a knife and turn on a cake plate, placed on a cooling rack.
- Allow to cool completely before icing.
- Cream together icing sugar, zest, and butter.
- Add the lemon juice 1 tbsp. at a time beating with a whisk to blend well.
- Icing will be the consistency of thick cream.
- Pour over cooled cake, so that it drips down the sides.
- Serve at room temperature, accompanied by coffee, or tea with a twist of lemon.