Fresh and tasty hummus dip isn’t just for vegetarians. Make this delicious condiment to eat with crackers, pita, corn chips, or even vegetable sticks.
- 3 cups of cooked chickpeas
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon or lime
- 1/2 cup tahini (sesame butter)
- 4 cloves of garlic (peeled)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or Himalayan salt
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp. virgin olive oil
- Process chick peas using a potato masher, a hand blender, or a food processor until well chopped Add lemon zest and juice, tahini, garlic cloves, and salt. Continue processing until the hummus dip is smooth. Add the parsley and process to blend briefly to mix in parsley.
- If the hummus becomes too thick add water 1 tablespoon at a time until the hummus is smooth and well blended.
- To serve top with a drizzle of olive oil and additional chopped parsley
Serve with warm pita bread, crackers, or corn chips.
Hummus will keep in the refrigerator for a week. For longer storage hummus can be frozen up to 3 months.