Syrup from rose petals.
- Take 4 cups of Rose petals, harvested early in the morning.
- 3 cups of mountain spring water or rain water (not chlorinated tap water)
- 5 cups of white sugar
- Juice and zest of one organic lemon
- Boil the water and infuse the rose petals in the boiled water for 24 hours, like tea.
- Strain out the rose petals.
- In a large sauce pan, add to the rose infused liquid, sugar, and lemon juice and zest to the liquor.
- Return to heat and boil strongly until syrup begins to thicken.
- Remove from heat and bottle.
Rose can also be used as a laxative, so enjoy in moderation.