Switchel is the original electrolyte drink, rich in glucose, potassium, sodium, and vitamins.
- 1 cup of hot water, not boiling
- 1– 3 teaspoons of maple syrup, to taste
- Juice of one medium Meyer lemon, freshly squeezed
- 1 inch piece of raw organic ginger, pressed juice only (use a garlic press)
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- Squeeze the juice from one lemon. Put it into a mug
- Pour hot water over the lemon juice
- Squeeze the raw ginger juice directly into the mug
- Add a pinch of salt and 1 to 3 tsp. of maple syrup, to taste
- This recipe is warming. If you want it for a hot afternoon, just use cold water instead of hot.
- You could use apple cider vinegar, lime juice, or even rhubarb juice instead of Meyer lemons
- If you are watching carbs, just use less maple syrup. Do not replace this with artificial sweetener