- 2 lemons, sliced
- 4 inch piece of ginger, peeled and sliced
- 2 inch piece of turmeric, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 2 heads of garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 hot peppers, thinly sliced, including seeds
- ¼ cup rosehips, deseeded, dried
- ¼ cup hibiscus, dried
- 3 cups apple cider vinegar or kombucha vinegar
- 1 ½ cups raw honey, liquid (optional)
- Prepare fruit, herbs, and spices. Place into 1 quart mason jar.
- Cover with vinegar.
- Cap tightly.
- Shake the jar.
- Top up with more vinegar, if necessary to ensure the herbs are fully covered.
- Set aside on a plate in a warm spot. Shake daily.
- After 3 or 4 weeks, strain out herbs. Use the herbs in cooking. Reserve the infused vinegar.
- Optional:Make an oxymel by adding 1 to 1 ½ cups of honey to 3 cups of infused vinegar.