Herbs that help lower blood pressure or normalize blood pressure are combined in an alcohol based tincture for ease of use.
- 1 cup Hawthorn berries, dried
- ½ cup Linden leaves and flowers, dried
- ½ cup Yarrow flowers and leaves, dried
- ½ cup Cramp bark, black haw bark, or black hawthorn bark, dried and chopped
- ½ cup German chamomile flowers
- Add the herbs to a 1 quart/litre mason jar. The jar will be 3/4s full. The contents will sift together to fill the jar about ½ full. Fill the jar with vodka or another 100 proof or higher mild tasting liquor.
- Overnight the dried herbs will absorb the alcohol and swell filling the jar almost to the top. Top up with more alcohol to keep the herbs completely covered.
- Allow the menstruum to macerate in the jar for 6 to 8 weeks, shaking the jar daily or as often as you think of it.
- After 6 to 8 weeks strain out the plant material and reserve the liquid. Press the spent herbs to obtain as much tincture as possible. The liquid is the medicinal tincture. The spent plant material can be composted.
- Bottle the liquid tincture dark glass bottles and label with the name of the tincture and the date, plus the dosage. I love the blue glass bottles. They just make me happy.
Yield 5 x 100ml bottles. 100 doses – enough for a month at full strength.