Hi, Friends from the Boundary
Thanks for stopping by my website to find out more about herbal salve making. This page is just for you.
I’ve put together a few free things to help you dip your toes into the world of herbal healing, using local plants that can find growing wild in the Boundary. We’ve got a unique microclimate here that is as cold as zone 3 up in the mountains around Grand Forks and Greenwood, to as warm as zone 6, out by Christina Lake, nearest the lake. There are quite a few medicinal herbs that grow through out the area. This is just a small sample of some of the most prolific medicinal herbs in the area.
9 DiY Healing Salves for Your Home Apothecary
These 9 healing salves utilize the wild medicinal herbs that are growing prolifically all around Boundary Country.
If you are gathering in the wild use a few precautions:
- Gather at least 100 meters from the roadway or the highway.
- Don’t gather plants that have been sprayed with herbicides or pesticides.
- If you are gathering on private land, ask permission of the landowner first.
- If you are gathering in the back country, be bear aware.
- Never harvest from more than 1/3rd of the plants in an area. Take the leaves and flowers but never take the root. If you harvest from one plant, leave 2/3rds of it untouched for the wild animals, and other harvesters.
Wild Medicinal Herbs of the Boundary
Medicinal Garden Herbs of the Boundary
I hope you enjoy the ebook. Maybe I’ll see you around town, and you can tell me about your herbal salve making adventures. And if you’d like to keep the conversation about herbal remedies and local resources going, join my tribe.