A specialty gluten-free chocolate chip cookie.
- 1 cup peanut butter, crunchy
- 2 eggs, organic
- ½ cup of organic sugar
- 1 teaspoon chocolate extract
- 15 dark chocolate bars, mini
- Grease a baking sheet with butter or coconut oil.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a stand mixer, mix the peanut butter and sugar until well blended.
- Add eggs and chocolate extract and mix again to fully incorporate.
- Unwrap and add the mini chocolate bars to the mixer bowl.
- Turn on the mixer.
- The chocolate bars will break up into chocolate chunks as you mix them.
- Stop mixing when the chocolate bars are the size you want in your cookies.
- Drop by teaspoon full on the baking sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 12 minutes.
- Cookies are done when they have set firmly and are golden brown.
- The cookies will lighten in colour and texture as they bake.
- Allow these to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to baking rack to cook.
- Cool before serving.
These are best on the day of baking. Make small batches and reheat in a warm oven on the second day to refesh the crisp texture of this gluten free chocolate chip cookie.