The flavour of this cereal is mild and loans itself to additions of dried fruits, seeds, and nuts. It’s a good addition to your breakfast repertoire.
- ½ cup Bob’s Redmill Brown Rice Farina hot cereal
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1 ¾ cups of water
- 4 Made in Nature Organic Calimyrna figs, chopped
- 1 tbsp. Woodstock Raw Almond butter, smooth (reserved)
- In a saucepan mix rice farina, water, salt, and chopped figs.
- Cook over low heat for 15 minutes or until thick and creamy.
- Stir to keep from sticking. If you notice the cereal sticking to the bottom of the pot, remove from heat, cover, and allow cooking to finish off the heat source.
- Divide hot cereal into two bowls. Top each bowl with 1 ½ tsp. of almond butter or nut butter of your choice. Serves 2.