Try my personal anti-aging serum recipe. This soothes the tiredness and takes away the dryness. It also reduces the appearance of fine lines. When I formulated this recipe I picked oils, herbs, and essential oils that were known to fight the signs of aging, protect from free radical damage, and repair and rejuvenate the skin, as well as moisturize.
- 2 tbsp. Argan oil infused with 2 tbsp. elderflowers
- 1 tbsp. Rosehip seed oil
- 1 tbsp. Pomegranate seed oil
- ¼ tsp. vitamin E oil
- 12 drops frankincense essential oil
- 5 drops rose absolute (optional, but fabulous)
- To infuse argan oil, place argan oil in a glass pyrex measuring cup, inside a saucepan of water. Rest the bottom of the pyrex on a canning jar ring to keep it off the bottom of the pan. Simmer the oil with the flowers for 60 minutes. Shut off the heat and let the oil cool naturally.
- Strain the oil. Squeeze the elderflowers well to recover as much of the argan oil as possible. (I use a potato ricer for this).
- Once the oil is cooled to room temperature, mix the argan oil, pomegranate oil, and rose hip seed oil in a 4 ounce glass bottle.
- Add the vitamin E and essential oils. Cap tightly and shake well.
- I store this in a roller top bottle and just roll it gently over the skin around my eyes before I sleep and anytime my eyes feel tired during the day.
- Gently rub around the thin skin of the eye, over the cheeks, lips and anywhere that the skin is dry and sensitive. Use at night before retiring. Use during the day under makeup or as needed to soothe tired eyes.
- I hope you enjoy this recipe. I’ve been using it myself for quite awhile.