- 1 cup of freshly picked mullein flowers
- 2 heads of organic garlic
- 2 cups of virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp. vitamin E oil
- 1 wide mouth pint jar with lid
- Place the mullein flowers in the bottom of the jar. They will fill it half way.
- Separate the garlic cloves from the garlic head. Peel each clove. Coarsely chop the garlic and drop it in the jar, on top of the flowers.
- Cover the mullein flowers and garlic with olive oil. Stir gently to remove any trapped air.
- Cap it tightly. I use the plastic lids that are sold separately from the mason jars, as they seem to leak less.
- Fill a crock pot half full of water. Place the covered jar in the crockpot. Cover the crock pot with a lid to hold in the warmth. Put it on the “warm” setting, or the lowest setting that your crock pot has. Plug it in. Leave it for 8 to 12 hours. I left mine overnight. You could make this in the morning and have it ready at bedtime, if you needed it.
- Unplug the crock pot and allow it to cool down so that you can handle the jar without getting burned. I didn’t have to wait. I was able to handle the jar immediately from my crock pot.
- Strain the oil and reserve it in a coloured glass bottle, with a dropper cap. Cap tightly. Label.
- This remedy will last at least a year, if kept in a cool, dry cupboard