A refreshing and interesting dandelion pesto to take advantage of springtime dandelion abundance.
- 2 cups of raw hazelnuts, toasted in coconut oil
- 1 cup of grated mild Gouda cheese
- 1 tsp. tamari
- 2 tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 cup of fresh chives, chopped
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic
- 4 to 6 cups of fresh spring dandelion greens, washed, dried, and chopped
- ½ to ¾ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- Put chives in the food processor with ½ cup of virgin olive oil, and process for 30 seconds on low.
- Add the 2 cups of toasted nuts, 2 whole garlic cloves, tamari, and sesame oil.
- Process on low for 30 seconds.
- Add dandelion greens 1 cup at a time, processing briefly after each cup.
- Add cheese and continue processing on high for 1 minute.
- Add additional olive oil or additional chopped greens until you get the paste consistency that you are looking for.
- Taste and adjust with added salt if you like.