These Chocolate Mint Pizzelles are unique and non-traditional. Enjoy them with a homemade espresso, mocha, latte, or macchiato.
- Grease the plates of the pizzelle iron generously with butter or coconut oil.
- Preheat the pizzelle iron according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- Set up a cooling rack close to where you are baking the pizzelles. One you start cooking them you need to work fast.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add butter, vanilla, and extracts and beat well.
- Sift flour and baking powder and add to egg mixture.
- Mix until just blended. Don’t overwork the batter.
- Batter will be stiff. If it is too runny it won’t spread properly in the iron.
- Drop the batter by the teaspoonful into the centre of each circle on the pizzelle iron.
- Close the pizzelle iron over the batter and let it cook until the steam stops.
- Once the steam stops and the pizzelles are baked, remove them from the iron.
- Place them on the cooling rack.
- Serve them plain, with a dusting of icing sugar, or dip them in melted chocolate.