- 2 tablespoons powdered ginger
- 4 teaspoons powdered cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground cardamom
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Mix the powdered spices together in a jar with a tight lid.
- Keep the jar in a cool cupboard away from heat.
- Use 1/2 teaspoon to 1 teaspoon per cup of black or green tea. Or make your own caffeine-free fermented black tea using tannin-rich herbs, like raspberry leaves or fireweed, from your own garden.
I like to put this chai tea mix in the tea strainer or tea bag and steep it with the tea, rather than stirring it directly into the cup after the tea is brewed
Keywords: chai tea recipe