Mild chard rolls for those who dislike cabbage.
- 1 lb. of chard, washed and cut the stems at the base of the leaf.
- 1 quart jar of tomato sauce
- ½ cup of feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 lb. ground lamb
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 t. garlic powder or 1 large clove of minced garlic
- 1 t. tomato powder
- ½ t. oregano, dried and crumbled
- ½ t. Himalayan salt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Mix filling together till blended.
- Use 1 tbsp. of filling per chard leaf.
- Turn chard leaf with the underside of the leaf, face up. This allows the leaf to roll toward its natural curl.
- Place 1 tbsp lamb mixture into the tip end of the chard leaf.
- Optional: add an extra tsp of feta cheese inside the chard leaf.
- Roll leaf around the filling, moving toward the stem end, tuck in the sides as you roll.
- Place open side down in greased baking pan.
- Repeat with remaining leaves and filling.
- Pour 1 quart of tomato sauce over the chard rolls in the baking dish.
- Spread the sauce evenly over chard.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 350F, until done.
- Serve with vegetables and potatoes, or veggies and rice.