A tasty and sweet breakfast muffin, perfect with cheese.
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- ½ cup of maple sugar
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- ¼ cup of flax seed, freshly ground
- 2 ½ cups of whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ cup of goji berries
- ½ cup of walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp. butter, softened
- ¼ cup walnut halves
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup, grade B
- In a bowl, beat together eggs, coconut oil, vanilla and maple sugar until light and frothy.
- Mix in almond milk until it is incorporated well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, flax seed, and baking powder.
- Stir the flour mixture into the egg mixture, until the flour is incorporated.
- Do not over stir.
- Fold the walnuts and goji berries into the mixture.
- Spoon into well greased muffin tins.
- Mix together maple syrup and butter until creamy.
- Mix in walnut halves.
- Spoon onto uncooked muffin tops.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Bake muffins for 12 minutes for regular size muffins or 16 minutes for extra large muffins.
- Bake until the surface of the muffins springs back when touched and a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.