A quick Alfredo sauce that blends well with homemade veggie noodles. Lightly stir fry veggie noodles until limp but still firm. Pour alfredo sauce over veggie noodles to serve. Top with freshly grated gouda or mizithra cheese.
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. tapioca starch
- 1 onion finely diced
- 1 nutmeg finely grated
- 1 can coconut milk
- Stir fry the onion in the coconut oil until limp and translucent.
- Add the tapioca starch to the frying pan and brown lightly.
- Pour in the coconut milk while whisking to prevent lumps forming. Use an immersion blender to puree the onions and make the sauce smooth.
- Once the sauce is smooth, add the grated nutmeg and continue whisking until sauce is heated through.
- Salt and pepper to taste.