A delicious, cashew and almond based, raw vegan cheesecake. Free from dairy, gluten, soy, and peanuts, while being completely creamy and delicious.
- 1 1/2 cup blanched almonds (or almond flour )
- 1 1/4 cup pitted dates, finely ground
- 1/2 cup organic coconut
- 1/4 cup organic virgin coconut oil, melted
- 3 cups raw cashews, soaked and drained
- 1/2 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 cup honey, liquid (for vegans: substitute 1/2 cup organic maple syrup)
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1 cup organic virgin coconut oil, ,melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or 1 tbsp. liquor flavoring (coconut, cocoa, creme de mint, etc.)
- 1 cup of frozen Blueberries, raspberries, rhubarb, or other moist fruit
- 1 cup reserved filling mixture
Soak 3 cups of raw cashews for 2 to 3 hours, or overnight, in filtered water, in the refrigerator.
Prepare 17 half-pint glass canning jars with lids, by washing well.
- In a food processor or vita mix blender whirl almonds until they are a fine flour. Set aside.
- Process dates until they are completely blended and form a paste. If they get too solid add the coconut and some of the almond flour .
- Add remaining almond flour and coconut and mix to a coarse crumb. Remove all ingredients to a bowl.
- Add melted coconut oil and mix well.
- Press 1 tbsp. of the mixture into each small jar. Press well into the jar with the flat of a spoon, completely covering the bottom 1/4 of each jar.
- In a food processor blend cashews, lemon juice, liquid honey, water until smooth.
- Add liquid coconut oil and continue processing for 2 minutes.
- Reserve 1 cup of mixture. Spoon the remaining mixture over the crumb crust until the jars are filled equally, about 3/4 s full.
- Puree reserved fill and frozen fruit together. Top up each jar to within 1/8th inch from the top. Add a blueberry, raspberry for garnish.
- Place the lid on each jar and chill completely before serving. Desserts can be stored in the freezer until needed. Thaw for one hour before serving.