A light, gluten-free, bread that is perfect for snacks, serving as dessert, or enjoying with afternoon tea.
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 c. flax seed, freshly ground
- 8 eggs, beaten lightly
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup. coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup cranberries, dried
- 2 tbsp. coconut, shredded (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix eggs, coconut flour, flax seed, honey, and coconut oil together.
- Beat well. Allow the batter to rest for 15 to 20 minutes.
- It should be the consistency of a thick muffin batter.
- Add more flour if it is too liquidy, 2 tbsp. at a time.
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes between additions to allow the coconut flour fully absorb the liquid.
- Add salt, baking powder and dried cranberries to the batter.
- Spread in a greased bread pan, about 3/4s full.
- Sprinkle coconut on top.
- Place loaf in the middle of the oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350F.
- Reduce heat to 325F and continue baking an additional 15 to 25 minutes until centre is done and top of loaf is golden brown.
- Don’t over bake.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing.