A simple, warming, and delicious turkey soup make using holiday leftovers.
- Place turkey carcass in a stock pot, crock pot, insta-pot, or large stew pot. Add enough water to cover the turkey, and add the rosemary, sage, and apple cider vinegar. Cook on low for 2 hours.
- Let cool to handling temperature.
- Remove carcass from the stock pot and strip off remaining meat. Return meat to stock pot, and discard bones.
- Add celery, garlic, and onions. Return soup to a simmer.
- Optional: Add leftover gravy to add flavor to the broth.
- Add potato and sweet potato and cook until they start to soften.
- Add grated carrots and frozen green peas.
- Bring soup back to a simmer. Add salt and pepper to taste, serve hot.
Potato and sweet potato can be substituted with mashed potato or mashed sweet potato leftovers. Simply add one or two cups of leftover mashed, it’ll make the soup more like a stew. If you have leftover baked carrots or squash, add those in place of the grated carrots. Leftover veggies can also be added in place of frozen peas.
If soup seems too thin, or doesn’t have enough ingredients, add additional frozen veggies or half a packet of rice noodles.