Triple chocolate chip cookies are the very best chocolate chip cookie. Add this one to your repertoire and delight your family and friends. Especially good with a cup of tea.
- 1 ½ cups butter, softened
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 3 large eggs plus 1 egg yolk
- ½ cup Equal Exchange organic baking cocoa
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 4 cups of Bob’s Redmill organic unbleached white, all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. Himalayan salt
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup Equal Exchange organic bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 4 ounce white chocolate melted
- Cream butter and brown sugar together until creamy. Add eggs plus the yolk, beating after each one. Add vanilla and mix well. Add cocoa, flour, baking soda, and baking powder, beating until just blended. Do not over beat.
- Chop hazelnuts into quarters. Fold into batter by hand using a spatula. Add bittersweet chocolate chips, folding into batter with a spatula.
- Cover bowl with a tight fitting lid and place in refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight. If you are in a hurry, you can put them in the freezer for no more than 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 360*F. Allow it to preheat for at least 15 minutes.
- Grease baking sheet. Drop cookie batter by teaspoonful onto baking sheet. Space about 2 inches apart to allow for spreading. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow cookies to cook for 3 more minutes on the hot baking sheet, out of the oven. Remove from the baking sheet onto a cooling rack.
- Add new batch of cookies to cooled baking sheet, dropping by teaspoon fulls, spacing 2 inches apart on the baking sheet. Bake for just 10 minutes. Cookies will not be fully done. Complete baking outside of oven on baking sheet. Remove to wire rack to finish cooling. Repeat with remaining cookies.
- Allow cookies to cool completely.
- Melt white chocolate according to package directions. Prepare a tray with parchment paper.
- Dip each cookie halfway into melted white chocolate, so that it gets half coated with white chocolate. Hold cookie over melted chocolate bowl to allow the excess chocolate to drip back in. Cool on parchment paper until solid.
- Once cookies are completely cool and chocolate has solidified, store cookies in an airtight tin with parchment paper between the rows of cookies.
- The cookies are crisp with a soft centre. Chill only briefly for a chewier cookie and omit the 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- Use a spatula, like my GIF spatula, to clean the last cookie dough off the beaters and out of the bowl so that you don’t waste a single cookie.
- Calories: 7859
- Sugar: 509
- Sodium: 2004
- Fat: 430
- Saturated Fat: 216
- Unsaturated Fat: 185
- Trans Fat: 11
- Carbohydrates: 940
- Protein: 113
- Cholesterol: 1499