This bright sautéed chard dish is quick to make. You can have it ready in 15 minutes including the time it takes to step out to the garden and bring in a basket of delicious and nutritious Swiss Chard.
- 10 Stems of Swiss chard
- 1 organic lemon
- 5 stems of green onions
- handful of chives
- oregano sprigs
- sunflower seeds
- coconut oil
- Wash the organic lemon, grate the zest and reserve.
- Squeeze the juice and reserve.
- Wash 10 stems of chard, and chop into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Briefly sauté green onions, chives and fresh oregano leaves in 1/2 tsp. coconut oil, until just wilted.
- Stir in sunflower seeds and lightly toast.
- Add lemon zest.
- Add prepared chard and sauté until just wilted.
- Pour lemon juice over chard and continue stirring until just warm.
Lemon juice makes some of the nutrients in leafy greens more bioavailable to the body. Include lemon juice, lime juice, or white balsamic vinegar anytime you cook garden fresh leafy greens.