Make this tasty appetizer when the sunflower buds are abundant before the frost. Prepare the sunflower buds ahead of time and cook this up just before you serve it. Serve it hot or cold.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups sunflower buds, prepared
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds
- Juice from 1 lemon
- In a cast iron frying pan, saute butter and garlic briefly.
- Quarter larger sunflower buds, and leave smaller sunflower buds whole. Add to frying pan with the butter and garlic. Saute until warmed through.
- Add sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and lemon juice. Continue frying to warm through. Stir constantly. When the pan stops steaming remove the frying pan from the heat.
- Transfer to a serving dish. Serve immediately.
The sunflower buds can be prepared ahead of time and kept refrigerated for up to a week. Prepare this dish just before you plan to serve it.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Keywords: Forging, sunflowers, artichokes, appetizers