Homemade julienned vegetable noodles, stir-fried in sesame sauce are ready in 3 to 5 minutes. Just cook until the vegetable noodles lose their stiffness. Veggie pasta will remain al dente in texture.
- 4 cups of vegetable noodles like julienned carrots, julienned beets, or julienned butternut squash
- 1 cup of chopped, cooked meat like chicken, beef, turkey or other leftovers (optional)
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 2 tbsp. sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, or pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. organic tamari or Braggs aminos
- In a 10-inch frying pan or wok, heat the oil until it melts and begins to sizzle lightly.
- Stir in onion and saute until onion begins to brown.
- Add garlic, ginger, sesame oil, and sesame seeds and stir lightly until garlic is fully sautéed. This will only take about a minute.
- Add cooked meat and stir until it is heated through.
- Add tamari sauce. It will spit and spatter.
- Stir in julienned vegetable noodles and stir-fry lightly until the vegetables are heated through and slightly limp – about 3 to 5 minutes. Just cook until the vegetable noodles lose their stiffness. Veggie pasta will remain al dente in texture.