A hearty pancake recipe that will be asked for again and again.
- 2 cups of sourdough starter
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ cup of blueberries
- Coconut oil for frying
- Additional blueberries for topping the pancakes.
- whipped cream
- maple syrup
- To the 2 cups of prepared sourdough starter add your eggs, and vanilla.
- Mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in flour and baking soda.
- Your batter should be the consistency of cake batter.
- Fold in blue berries.
- Preheat a frying pan or griddle over medium heat.
- Grease pan with 1 tbsp. of coconut oil.
- Drop batter by spoonfuls into hot oil.
- Fry on one side until bubbles form on the uncooked side of the pancake.
- Flip pancake and cook the other side.
- Continue cooking until the pancake is golden brown on both sides.
- Reserve the cooked pancakes in a warm oven until ready to serve.
- Continue cooking your blueberry pancakes until you run out of batter.
- Replenish the oil in the frying pan as often as necessary.
- Serve with fresh or frozen blueberries, butter, and maple syrup for sourdough blueberry pancakes that are hearty and tasty.
If your family prefers a sweet pancake, you can add a small amount of sugar to the recipe. However, the blueberries do add a touch of sweetness, as does slathering them in maple syrup.