- 2 tablespoons frankincense resin, powdered
- ¼ cup organic hempseed oil
- 2 ounces Goat’s Milk Melt and Pour Soap
- 10 drops “Love Vanilla” essential oil blend
- 10 drops frankincense essential oil
- 10 drops myrrh essential oil
- ¼ teaspoon gold mica (lip safe and eye safe)
- ½ cup organic sugar
- Make a double boiler using a glass measuring cup in a saucepan of water. Place frankincense in the glass measuring cup. Pour hempseed oil over the frankincense. Place the saucepan over medium heat. Bring the water in the sauce pan to a simmer. Simmer the resin in the oil for 20 minutes. Remove from heat. Allow to cool to room temperature, naturally. Pour off the oil and set aside. The frankincense resin may be used again.
- Cut melt and pour soap into 1 inch cubes. Place in heat proof glass measuring cup. Add 2 tablespoons of frankincense infused oil. Microwave in 15 second bursts until the soap base melts. Do not overheat. Remove from microwave. Stir to ensure that the soap is fully melted.
- Add essential oils and gold mica. Stir to fully blend. Prepare silicone molds by spritzing with rubbing alcohol.
- Stir in organic sugar. Soap base will harden quickly so you need to work fast.
- Spoon into prepared molds. Press firmly. Spritz back of sugar cubes with rubbing alcohol to break surface tension and remove any bubbles.
If soap base hardens before you have it into molds, microwave again in 15 second bursts. Remove from microwave as soon as it is melted. Pour into molds.
Microwave heating will dissolve some of the sugar in the sugar scrubs so avoid this as much as possible.
Keywords: Sugar scrub, Skin Care, Melt and Pour Soap