This easy to make raw cranberry orange relish is made with fresh cranberries and fresh herbs. It’s just as tasty with turkey and stuffing as it is with salmon, beans, or as an accompaniment to eggs. No need to open a can when this can be ready in 1o minutes.
- 2 pound bag of fresh cranberries
- zest and juice from one orange
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped.
- Put cranberries, orange zest, orange juice, and honey in a food processor and process on pulse until coarsely chopped. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Stir in chopped green onions, basil, and parsley. Sprinkle with additional orange zest for color.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate for one hour. The salsa will become juicer as the flavors meld. Using a slotted spoon transfer the salsa solids to a serving bowl.
- Use the extra juice for the base for a jellied salad or stir additional honey into the juice and use it as a glaze for chicken or turkey.
This cranberry orange relish can also be used as a side salad as you would coleslaw.