Simple Pizzelle’s perfect for Christmas.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup organic sugar
- 3 eggs, free range
- 1 cup of brown rice flour
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Cream together butter, sugar, and eggs in a medium bowl. Beat until smooth.
- Cut open the vanilla bean lengthwise. Scrape out the soft inside portion and add this to your batter. Set aside the remainder of the vanilla bean for another recipe.
- Add vanilla extract and mix well.
- Mix in rice flour and wheat flour mixing just till everything is well combined and no dry flour remains. Batter with be thick, like cookie dough, not runny.
- Oil and preheat Pizzelle iron, according to manufacturers directions. When the Pizzelle iron is hot, drop 1 tablespoon of batter into the center of each circular motif on the inner surface of your iron.
- Close the iron and wait till the indicator light signals that the wafers are done, about 90 seconds. Wafers should be golden brown.
- Non-electric irons will need to be flipped after 1 or 2 minutes to cook both sides of the wafer evenly.
- When wafers are golden brown remove from the pizzelle iron and cool in a single layer on a wire rack. Or roll immediately into your desired shape.
Pizzelle irons differ as to the size of the finished cookie. You may need to experiment to determine the perfect amount of batter you need in your pizzelle iron.
Keywords: Pizzelle, Christmas, Vanilla