Pine cone fire starters are a good way to use natural ingredients and provide a reliable, sustained fire every time. They can be the ultimate recycled gift, using the bounty from around your yard.
- 8 pine cones
- 1 cup waste beeswax or candle wax
- 1/4 cup waste herbs like lavender, rosemary or lavender
- 4 to 6 cupcake liners
- a muffin tin
- Line the muffin tin with the 6 cupcake liners.
- Melt waste wax using a double boiler.
- Sprinkle the waste herbs into the bottom of each muffin tin.
- Add two small pine cones or one large pine cone to each cup cake liner.
- Pour the melted wax over the top of each pine cone to fill the cupcake liners to 1/3rd full.
Allow the pine cone fire starters to cool and harden.
After the wax is no longer warm, remove the cupcake liners from the muffin tin and store your pine cone fire starters in a basket or bowl by the fireplace.