A sweet scented, and fun to make, exfoliating sugar scrub with sweet orange and orange zest.
- ½ Cup coconut oil – melted – but not hot
- 1 cup Sugar
- Zest from 1 orange
- 10 drops orange essential oil
- Small mason jar
- Craft paper or cardstock
- Melt the coconut oil until liquid, but don’t make it hot. A few seconds in the microwave will do. Or half an hour in a sunny windowsill.
- While your oil is melting, get the zest from one orange. If you have a microplane to zest your orange, great because it makes zesting an orange faster. However, an ordinary grater will work as well.
- Put the sugar in the mixing bowl and once your coconut oil is melted, add it to the bowl.
- Mix until incorporated.
- Add your orange zest and sweet orange essential oil and mix again.
- Your orange scrub is done.
- Package it in a nice glass jar for storing or giving away. I used a small mason jar, but any small jar will work.
- Use some nice paper or cardstock and make a label or card. Use some twine or string to attach it to your jar and you’re done.