Skip the chemicals and use this natural tick repellent that you make at home. Tick exposure can occur year-round, but ticks are most active during warmer months (April-September).
- 5 drops spearmint essential oil
- 10 drops lemon grass essential oil
- 20 drops geranium bourbon essential oil
- 20 drops cedarwood virginian essential oil
- 20 drops cypress essential oil
- 4 ounces aloe vera gel or vodka
- a 4-ounce bottle with spray top
- Measure the essential oils by drops, adding them to the bottle
- Top up the bottle with the vodka or aloe vera gel
- Cap with the spray top
- Shake before each use
Usage Directions for essential oil tick repellant
Spray Natural Tick Repellant on clothing
Spray on body
Spray 5 minutes before going outdoors
Reapply every 2 to 3 hours.
Use as a natural tick repellent for dogs
For use with children under 6
Replace the lemongrass in the recipe with equal parts tea tree essential oil for a kid-safe version of this DIY natural tick repellent.
Keywords: tick repellent, essential oil blend