A lighter and refreshing take on a standard chocolate chip cookie.
- 1 lb. of butter
- 3 cups of organic sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ¾ cup of organic cocoa
- 4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- 1 ½ cup peppermint-chocolate chips
- Cream butter with sugar until it is light.
- Beat in the eggs, vanilla, and cocoa.
- Keep beating until all the lumps are out of the cocoa and the mixture is smooth.
- Mix in flour and baking powder.
- Remove from stand mixer and gently fold in almonds and chocolate chips.
- If mixture is too moist, fold in ½ cup more flour.
- Flour hands and roll balls of dough in your palms so that they are walnut size.
- Put on greased baking sheet and bake in 350F oven for 12 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.