A fast and fun melt and pour soap to make during your next snow day.
- 1 ounce goat’s Milk Melt and Pour Soap Base
- 16 oz. Honey Melt and Pour Soap Base
- ¼ teaspoon natural indigo dye powder
- 1 teaspoon Frosted Mint Essential Oil Blend
- 99% Isopropyl Alcohol in a Spray Bottle
- 1 x 4 cavity snowflake silicone mold
- 1 dropper applicator
- Weigh the goat’s milk melt and pour soap. Cut into ½ inch cubes. Place the prepared melt and pour soap into a 1 cup glass measuring cup. Melt the goat’s milk soap either in the microwave in 20 second bursts or in a double boiler over medium heat.
- Stir the goat’s milk soap until it is smooth and no lumps remain. Spritz the cavities in the mold with isopropyl alcohol. Using the dropper applicator, drop the goat’s milk soap carefully into the snowflake pattern outline in the bottom of the mold cavity, being careful to drop soap only in the snowflake depressions in the mold.
- Set aside to harden. Once the mold has hardened use a tooth pick or fondant tool to remove any excess soap from the mold cavity to clean up the snowflake design.
- Prepare indigo dye powder. Place the indigo dye powder in small glass jar. Pour 1 teaspoon of isopropyl alcohol into the jar. Stir to dissolve the indigo. Set aside.
- Weigh the honey melt and pour soap. Cut the honey melt and pour soap into ½ inch cubes. Place the prepared soap in a 1 quart glass measuring cup. Melt the honey melt and pour soap either in the microwave in 20 second bursts or in a double boiler over medium heat. Once the honey melt and pour soap is fully melted, stir in the prepared indigo. If there is any grainy indigo left in the glass jar, retain it. Don’t pour it into the soap. It can make the soap splotchy.
- Allow the honey melt and pour soap to cool to 120°F. Add the essential oil blend to the honey melt and pour soap.
- Spritz the mold cavities with isopropyl alcohol. Pour the honey soap into the mold. Spritz the top of the soap again with isopropyl alcohol to remove any surface bubbles. Set aside to cool overnight.
- Remove the soap from the mold gently to preserve the design.
- Wrap immediately to prevent glycerine sweat on the bars. Bars can be wrapped in plastic wrap and heat sealed with a heat gun for a professional presentation.