Zucchini is a neutral tasting vegetable and low carb. The noodles were a wonderful foil to spicy tomato sauce, topped with feta cheese.
- 4 medium green or yellow summer squash
- Wash and remove the ends of each squash.
- Julienne slice each one into long thin pieces. Use a sharp knife to make even size cuts, use a mandolin slicer, or Uberchef julienne peeler if available, to save time.
- Serve raw with a hot sauce poured over them, which would lightly cook the noodles on the plate.
- Alternatively, briefly stir-fry the noodles in hot coconut oil, for 2 minutes before serving. Cook for just enough time to wilt them.
Serving suggestions for zucchini noodles
Toss raw zucchini noodles into chicken soup stock, along with julienne carrots, and lots of parsley and let it heat in a slow cooker. The zucchini holds their shape and mimics wheat pasta admirably.
Zucchini noodles can be used for an Asian Stir-fry — use ginger, tamari or soy sauce, and garlic to spice it up.
Zucchini noodles can dress Italian with a tomato-basil sauce, an alfredo cheese sauce, or lots of browned butter and mizithra cheese.
Try your veggie pasta in a lamb curry dish using turmeric, cumin, garlic, cayenne, cardamom, ginger, and coconut milk in the sauce.
Keywords: low carb, zucchini, noodles