An example of a multi-grain pizza crust.
- 1 ½ tsp. yeast
- 1 cup of warm water
- ½ tsp. Celtic sea salt, coarse
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. ground flax seed
- 1 tbsp. poppy seeds
- ½ c. freshly ground rye flour
- ½ c. buckwheat flour plus 1 tbsp. vital wheat gluten
- 2 ½ cups of unbleached bread flour
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. tomato powder
- 1 tbsp. cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. water
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Allow the yeast to froth up.
- Mix together yeast mixture, rye flour, buckwheat flour, spices, tomato powder, bread flour, seeds, coconut oil, and salt.
- Beat well until the gluten starts of form strands.
- Turn onto floured counter and knead well, till smooth and elastic or process for 5 minutes with your stand mixer using the dough hook.
- Cover bowl and allow to rise until double in bulk, about 1 hour to 1 ½ hours.
- Divide dough in half, and roll out thinly to the size of a 10 inch pizza pan.
- Top with your desired pizza toppings and bake at 400 for 30-40 minutes or until pizza is done.