Use beef or other lean and inexpensive meat: You will need to trim off all fat, so try to get fairly lean meat when you plan to turn it into jerky. Good options include round steak, flank steak, or loin from beef, However, beef is not the only meat option, turkey, goat, lamb, or whatever lean meat you have on hand can be substituted in. Don’t use pork for this recipe.
- 4 cups of Kombucha at a pH of 1 or 2
- 5 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 whole onion, finely minced or 2 tbsp dried minced onion
- 1 tsp. each dried sage, thyme, parsley, rosemary, cayenne (optional)
- 2 tbsp sea salt or Himalayan salt
- Put kombucha in a 2 quart/litre pyrex dish and add thinly sliced round steak, flank steak, or loin from beef, lamb, goat, or other red meat. Don’t use pork for this recipe.
- Cover the meat completely with this marinade.
- Cover the dish with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator for 8 to 12 hours.
- Drain and without rinsing, place in your dehydrator in a single layer
- Use an electric dehydrator set at 160F for four to six hours.