A tasty and spicy chocolate cluster, perfect for holidays and gift giving.
- 2 cups tempered dark chocolate, divided (14 ounces)
- ¼ cup candied ginger, chopped finely
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped finely
- Chop the dark chocolate into uniform pieces. In a 2 cup glass measuring cup, add 1 ½ cups dark chocolate.
- Melt the chocolate over hot water or in a microwave until the chocolate reaches 115°F. Use a thermometer to test the temperature. Remove the cup from the heat.
- Stir in ¼ cup of chopped dark chocolate. Stir the dark chocolate pieces into the melted chocolate. Stir for 10 minutes. Add the remaining ¼ cup of chopped chocolate.
- Continue stirring to temper the chocolate, until the chocolate cools to 90°F.
- Add candied ginger and walnut pieces to the chocolate and stir to coat them completely.
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- Drop the chocolate mixture onto the baking sheet in uniform clusters about 1 tablespoon in size, in the same way you would make drop cookies.
- Set the cookie sheet aside to let the chocolate clusters harden. If the chocolate is properly tempered the clusters will be firm in about an hour at room temperature (70°F). In a warmer room this may take longer
- Store in a sealed container, in a cool, dry place.