Use this vinegar in salad dressings and meat marinades or as a basis for a cough relieving oxymel. (Use 2 parts vinegar to 1 part honey to make an oxymel.)
- 4 cups finely chopped bee balm or Monarda leaves and flowers
- 3 cups of white balsamic vinegar
- Put the Monarda leaves and flowers in a wide mouth quart jar. Cover with cold white balsamic vinegar.
- Cap the jar. Set out of direct sunlight .
- Shake once a day for 3 weeks. The color of the vinegar will deepen.
- Pour into dark bottle to protect from light. Cap tightly with a corrosion resistant cap or a wine cork. Label and date.
Vinegar can be used freely in cooking or salad dressings.
Keywords: culinary herbs, vinegar infusion, oxymel