A simple, bone broth based chicken soup that anyone can make.
- 1 – 3 pound chicken , or chicken pieces, or stripped carcass
- 1 tablespoon vinegar or vinegary kombucha
- 2 onions
- 2 heads of garlic
- 3 sticks of celery, with leaves
- 1/2 bunch fresh parsley, or 2 tablespoons dried
- 2 tablespoons thyme
- 1/4 cup chopped Leeks
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger
- 4 cups diced carrots, turnip, zucchini, or parsnip, peel and diced
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- Place the chicken or chicken bones in your slow cooker or Instant Pot. Cover with water. Add vinegar or kombucha. Simmer over night.
- Remove bones and strip any remaining meat off of them. Add meat back to crock pot, discard bones.
- Add onions, garlic, spices, leeks, and ginger. Simmer for 2 to 4 hours.
- Add vegetables and potatoes 1 hour before serving.
- Serve hot. Left overs can be slow cooked overnight, or stored in the fridge and reheated to boiling the next day.