This is a simple, and fairly straight forward recipe for golden milk. It can be made in just a few minutes, for regular enjoyment of turmeric’s numerous benefits.
- 2 cups whole milk, or milk substitute of choice
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1–3 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil (optional)
- 1 pinch powdered ginger or cinnamon (optional)
- Add milk to a small saucepan and place on the stove top.
- Turn on to a medium-low heat. Add turmeric, black pepper, and coconut oil.
- Whisk the milk and spices mixture while it’s heating.
- As it approaches a simmer, add honey and optional ingredients.
- Whisk till frothy and lightly simmering.
- Pour into cups and serve