A simple and quick gravy to make alongside your holiday turkey.
- 2 cups turkey drippings
- 2 tablespoons tapioca starch
- 1 cup cold water
- Salt to taste
- Pour turkey drippings from your roasting pan into a small pot. If you have more than two cups, remember to increase the amount of tapioca starch by one tablespoon per additional cup of drippings.
- Put turkey drippings on stove top, on medium heat.
- Blend tapioca starch with cold water, whisk thoroughly
- Slowly add tapioca and water mixture to the drippings, and whisk constantly until gravy begins to simmer.
- Hold at simmer until the gravy begins to thicken.
- Take off heat and let cool off from the boil. Pour into gravy boat or pitcher and serve hot.
If you don’t have enough turkey drippings, you can substitute in an equal portion of butter instead.
If the gravy seems too thick, add a small amount of water, 1/4 cup at a time. If the gravy is too thin, simmer it longer to reduce the liquid.